Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Handmade cards

Are so very heart warming.. Don't you think??
What is great about making your own cards is that you can keep all of your paper scraps that you have left over from a page and whip up a card in no time at all! Cough, cough! unless your name is Bridgette Hatton! Me, well yeah, I wish I could whip up a card in a short time. It just does not happen. Slow and steady wins the race when it comes to card making and scrapping for this little duck :)
Either way though, a hand made card really makes the receiver feel so special, so why not give it a go today ..

My first card I made wasfor my best friend who lives on the Central Coast.  She and I go way back and when i moved away from her I felt so sad and lonely and missed her company like crazy. It's now 3 years since I moved away and we still chat but life gets in the way and we both get busy.  Unfortunately we don't chat as often and I miss that so much :( so i thought this card would put a smile on her face when she receives it.
All I have done with my chipboard doiley is put it through the Big Shot machine, painted the inner circle white and the outer circle black, and ruffled some material to give my card some texture. I made a denim flower, popped some thickers on, along with some October afternoon and Scrapware corre letters and there we have it! One card for a missed friend :) Psssst I will not tell you how long it took to make........ that would be tellin :)

This next card is for the latest addition to our ever growing family "Arielle Grace". Yep, I'm an aunty again - such a lovely feeling. I now have 12 nieces and nephews between my family and my husbands.. OMG that is BIG and how OLD do i feel right about now eekkk!!!


I have used Scrapware's 'Precious' word, dusted it with perfect pearls in a dusty gold and placed it in the bottom left corner. I then cut in half a lovely filigree frame which i decided to keep natural, placed a few flutterby's, a little ribbon and a few pearls and bob's your uncle! For our international readers "Bob's your uncle" is a term us Aussies use for saying "and you are done"!! Yep us Aussies have some weird terminology eh!! (insert's giggle here)
Thanks for reading I hope you have been inspired to make a card or two..
Products used:
AZ13Impact Lg CB White
CH457Doily Frame 1 Small
CH324Antique Mini Frames





Bridge xx

No comments:

Post a Comment