Sunday, July 17, 2011

New Design Team!

It gives me great pleasure to welcome our newest Design Team members...welcome on board Beck Beattie, Skye Johnson, Tara Scobie and Bec Miller!



Although my name is Rebecca most know me simply as Beck.  I am married to a wonderful husband and have two beautiful boys under two years of age which keep me on my toes. 
I started out as a card maker learning simple stamping techniques with a girlfriend back in 2004.   A few years later I walked into my then local scrapbook store Tomorrow’s Memories in Perth WA Australia, with a card for my parents 40th wedding anniversary that was only half finished, I was asked if I needed any help.  Well that is where my scrapbooking journey begun.  One of the owners Vicki quickly offered me some guidance, did some die cutting and distressing, and my card was on the way to being finished.  I will never forget that day, as it was then that I found out that there was SO much more to paper crafting than stamping!  These days I am all about dimension, so yes I don’t get as many layouts into an album, but I wouldn’t have it any other way!  The more dimension the better I say.
My scrapbooking love includes layouts to off the page projects, and cards as well.   I wouldn’t say that I have ‘one’ specific style as I do enjoy trying different styles and tailoring the layout to suit the subject or photo whilst adding different texture or techniques into my work.  I love to teach and share my ideas to hopefully inspire others along their paper crafting journey.



I am 26 years old, I live in Melbourne and I have been scrapbooking for just a little under 3 years now.  I don't have children, and I suppose that makes me a little bit different to a lot of people who scrapbook, but I started when I wanted to find something to do with all of the photos I had from mine and my partners 21st birthdays. Needless to say, the rest is history (and I never quite finished either of our 21st albums!).  I am on the creative team for Scrapbooking Memories magazine and have been lucky enough to travel a little bit with my scrapping and meet some wonderful ladies.

My favourite thing about scrapbooking is the beautiful and supportive community of women who inspire me every day and who I am always grateful to call my friends!

I can never quite pinpoint my style, so when I'm asked to, I usually define it as evolving - I love to play with texture and am always incorporating paint and fabric into my projects somehow - the messier the better!

I am so excited to be able to create for Scrapware and I can't wait to get messy with some of the amazing products!



I am 29 years old, and living in the foothills of the Snowy Mountains with my partner Mark, and our 3 gorgeous kids, Jaiden 10, Tanika 7 and Zayne 2.  I work part time as a florist, but am otherwise a stay at home Mum, which I love!

I have been scrapping for approximately 8 years now, on and off, and I am a current Scrapbooking Memories Master.  I have been on the Creative teams for a few challenge blogs, including the STUCK?! sketch site which I am still on currently.  My latest style would definitely have to be simple, with plenty of paint, usually using multiple smaller photos.  Polka dots, flowers and twine are also some favourites.

I am looking forward to creating as a part of the Scrapware team!


I’m a Mum of a 10 year old boy and 2 year old girl working in child care a few days a week.  I think I am married to the best husband when it comes to my scrapping hobby as he understands my need to create and be creative including it being my time out from everything.

I began scrapping in 2007 when I thought that I could cut costs and do my own wedding invitations.  Then I had a tonne of wedding photos and Honeymoon photos that I just had to do something with.  Mind you, my wedding album still isn’t finished and I’ve only just finished my Honeymoon album.

My work will include a lot of white, lace, paint, ink, distressing and pearls.  I lean towards texture and dimension in my pages and Off The Page projects and have been lucky to have some of my OTP’s published.

I am really honoured to be part of the Scrapware DT and to have the opportunity to work alongside a group of designers that I admire.




The girls have all been madly working on projects and I will show them off during the week!

Cheers,
Ange

No comments:

Post a Comment