Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday night with Gilly

Hi, It's Friday night and we are all looking forward to the weekend, this weekend I have on a Baby Shower to go to so I thought I would make a special keepsake card, but now It's going to be hard to let it go, as I like it to much lol.
But first I had a play last week with some of the new products from Scrapware like these beautiful CH29 vine branches 12" and the WT25 Believe Dream Laugh word trio, which go so well with alot of the vintage style papers around at the moment.
For this off the page item I used the FR10 large stand up frame, which was a great base for what I had in mind, sometimes your layouts are to nice to put in a album, and I love to put things on display around the house, and this item is great for displaying your favourite photos in the form of a smaller layout.
Lisa's baby shower card, I made this used a new Ch313 Butterflies and the AZ10 Mini Vintage Lowercase and the AZ09 Mini Antique Uppercase alphas, I just love these alphas, they are one of my favourites, you can do so much with them.
I painted the alphas and the butterfly with white gesso, then used an rub on over the top, so only parts of the rub on were on the alphas and the butterfly, you also could do the same technique with stamping.
A close up, I bent the butterfly in the middle to form the body and the wings and added so cute pearl pins too.
These butterflies are only new and will be on the Scrapware site soon, so keep an eye out, they also come in all different sizes.
Hope you have a great weekend, Thanks Gilly ox

No comments:

Post a Comment