Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Masking with Gina

Hi, Check out this weeks Technique Wednesday with Gina, learn how to do this awesome masking technique.
For this layout I've started with some plain white cardstock and after working out where my photo was to go, brightened it up by masking over a CH130 Flourish Kim - Small with some glimmer mists

Once my photo and patterned paper strips were in place, I've added some detail with a few MI09 Mini Flowers which I coloured with blue and green ink pads.
For the flourish, firstly I've inked it in aqua and, as I didn't have a yellow ink pad, have smeared a little acrylic paint here and there and finished off with some green ink, but you could simply ink it in a couple of different colours,

I’ve used AZ10 Mini Antique Lowercase for the title and coloured them with an aqua ink pad,


I can't wait to see every ones masking techniques on the scrapware site.
Thanks Renee ox

2 comments:

  1. so pretty Gina especially the colours you have used....

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the tips Gina, love this layout :0)

    ReplyDelete