Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Love this technique...

First thing that comes into my mind when I think of gates and fences is, rusty old gates and fences! I have been looking for a quick and easy way of producing this look without making to much mess which is what usually happens when I am playing - lol. I have used CH326 garden gate.



First I painted the gate with black acrylic paint and let it dry - if you are in a hurry like I usually am you can hurry up the drying process with a heat gun - a girls best friend!


When this is dry ink up the entire gate with Versamark ink and sprinkle on a layer of Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder in Vintage Photo - tip excess powder back into your container then heat the powder gently - its really hard to tell if this powder is embossed, it only just changes colour and if you over do it, it will burn - but this kinda looks cool too! Then using your finger gently rub off the release crystals and you will end up with a very rusty feeling gate!


I like to add a bit of colour to it and use Atelier brand 'Red Gold' with a damp sea sponge and just dab some colour here and there


If you add too much of the red gold, just rub some black Stazon over the top to darken it up - I think this is a really cool technique and suits the theme of Gates and Fences!

Cheers
Trizzy!

3 comments: