Friday, November 5, 2010

TGIF....

Thought I would have a play and make something Steam Punk themed:



I used KT43 6 x 6 memory box, CH388 clock cogs, CH294 cogs small and AZ08 Antique alpahs
On the cogs I embossed them with Tim Holtz distress EP Vintage Photo, then when cool rubbed off the release crystals and sponged on some Jo Sonja's Aqua acrylic paint and highlighted with copper gilding wax here and there. On the alphas and clock hands I painted these with the aqua paint and highlighted them as well with the gilding wax. With the memory box, because the sides are hollow I was able to pierce some holes and  thread some copper wire through it - I also carefully punched some holes in the top of the box to make a wire- hanger.

I also decided to make a wall hanging using CH381 Nadine Frame and CH310 3D Butterfly


I Black embossed the frame with 1 layer of UTEE and on the butterfly I used Macquarie Opals on the base and stamped into it while it was still hot. Then highlighted with silver rub n buff. On the wings of the butterfly I mixed some acrylics to match the Opals and adhered gem stones all around the edge and some silver stardust beads to the center of the butterfly - some wire and more beads for the antennae. Both these pieces will be on display at the show this weekend.

Hope everyone has had a great week!!
Trizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment