Thursday, December 16, 2010

Oh my S(CRAP) I forgot.... again.



WOW...
I forgot then I did a project and while I was trying to aide it in the drying process by placing it on the yummy warm bonnet of the car the wind blew the little birdie and it landed face down on the roof of the car and left a lovely little deposit of glossy accents and blue glamour glaze there which is gonna take some explaining I think.......

Now technique Wednesday.

Firstly I am not a technique queen like the other girls on the team I am the glitter it, gloss it paint it kind a scrapper...... so with this project I have tried to use all my favourite techniques on the one project so buckle down cause there are a few photos...


I started with a 12" frame and I little bit of an idea that I wanted a vintage Christmas theme...and Scrapware has the best embellishments for this kind of project...so along with some Websters pages and some Ranger Alcohol inks I set to work...

The first panel...bird on a branch with a variation...

I chopped into the tree and placed it on it's side and inked and highlighted it with gold metal mixtative.. then placed on of the smaller squares on top to mount the birdie..

I love raw chipboard, and Scrapware's chipboard is a great colour, natural thanks to it being made from 100% recyclable material, so I stamped directly onto the bird with a music stamp and then distress inked the edges and then used some clear stickles and some extra clear glitter on just the top of the bird and them lightly used metal fixtative to the edge.




Because I chopped the bird off the branch I covered his feet with some flowers and buttons..

Panel two....home for christmas.
the rough plan was to have a little house and the moon with a santa sled across it... but as you can see along the way the plan changed..



Once again chopping and adapting the Scrapware to fit in the designated places occurred, and also I continued with the traditional red, green and gold theme throughout the entire panel.

And the semi finished panel is complete... I say semi-complete because as the project continues I continue to add to it, they tend to take on a life of there own..hehehhe

I used some of my favourite go to techniques such as glitterizing and inking things within an inch of its life.


The FRAME....

I had a really clear picture in my head of the colour and patterns I wanted on the frame and it became a work in progress over the course of the day... so

Initally I inked it...

then I embossed it..

and then lets just say it didnt like it.. too shiny, too perfect..too black.
so then I used a mix of gold mixative and sootblack alcohol ink and I got the perfect antiquey black colour.... but you have to come back tomorrow to see the next installment...

sorry the camera and the lighting is really poor..
more tomorrow...
Merry Christmas all
love Naomi x

2 comments: