Sunday, February 20, 2011

fly away...

Tonight I am sharing a layout I did recently using these beautiful butterflies ( CH313)

I often say to my seven year old that she is my butterfly girl - she is such a creative free little spirit!

For this layout I also used the lovely storyboard kit by Lisa Warren.


I simply painted my butterflies with an acrylic paint and set them aside to dry while I created the rest of the elements of the layout, once dry, I folded the butterflies a little to give them dimension before adhering just the bodies to the layout using glossy accents. I wanted to give the layout a whimsical feel and have the butterflies appear to be flying right off the page. I think these butterflies are going to become a staple in my scrap supplies - I can see them being used on so many of my girly pages ; )

JEN

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout and what a pretty butterfly girl you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Jen! You totally rocked the butterflies and that kit! Thanks for the plug.

    ReplyDelete