Saturday, February 5, 2011

I love and adore you

With little over a week to valentines day I would love to share this layout with you all about the love of my life David. You will see those fabulous scrapware primitive hearts (HS05) found here on my layout, but before I share the layout I would like to share a little technique with you on how I created the shabby look hearts.
Gather your supplies, chipboard, PVA glue, pattern paper, paintbrush.Cover the back of your chipboard in PVA glue leaving some parts uncovered. Lay the chipboard, glue side down on the back of your pattern paper and allow to dry. Once dry carefully tear away the paper leaving some areas of the raw chipboard exposed.
Sand the edge of your chipboard.
Ink the edge of your chipboard to give a shabby finished feel then go ahead and complete your layout.

I would love to see you have a go at this technique and place your layouts in the gallery here

Kim

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Kim, I love this, well done!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful loving page Kim! Hubby must appreciate you're sweet words. I love the layout design with a dash of spattered grunge to help the male factor! Left sitting here thinking I want to do pages like that!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete