Friday, February 25, 2011

love letters...

When Ange sent me this NEW arched window card keeper CK03 , I knew instantly what I wanted to "keep"inside, my precious love letters from when my husband and I first started dating. I kept the card keeper fairly simple, I just covered the back and front in pattern paper then once the glue was dry, trimmed the excesss off, sanded and then inked the edges.

I added a ring to the top and then tucked my love letters inside.
To finish off the front I added one of the new Scrapware Mini lamp posts, which I simply inked in brown chalk and layered over some simple embellishments and a photo.
On the back I have added a vine branch CH298 again simply inked with brown chalk ink.
To finish off I tied it together with some bakers twine and organza, to complete the romantic look but also in the hope that I can easily open it to add more letters LOL!

Thanks for looking

Kim

1 comment:

  1. ohhh I love this idea!..you've done a beautiful job Kim! :)

    ReplyDelete