Monday, March 28, 2011

Little Things...

This week the theme of Scrapware is little things.... I love creating little project for my girls so it was a perfect theme for me to kick off the week!For my little things project I decided to play with the doily frames - I began by painting some doily frames - the large, and four small ones (CH461, CH457, CH463) and setting them aside to dry.

Once dry, I stamped each painted frame with a range of decorative stamps using white ink, I then went over each one with the heat gun to dry the ink.
Now came the fun part - decorating each piece - I wanted the frames to become a hanging piece with a photo of all my gorgeous girls on the big doily and then one of each of them on the smaller ones.

For the large doily, I outlined and cut out a sun from patterned paper and backed a small wallet print of my girls with co-ordinating paper. I added a small heart (CH319) and some crocheted flowers before backing a quote sticker with foam tape and adhering it along to bottom of the frame. I finished the large doily by cutting a large circle from pattern paper and adhering it to the back of the frame to strengthen it.
For the smaller frames I backed them with funky cupcake wrappers I found at Typo. Before punching scalloped circles from pattern paper and from my wallet prints. I finished off each smaller frame with the girls initials (AZ03) and a tiny shape.
To hang my little frames, I threaded embroidery thread through the top of each one at different intervals attaching them to the top frame.

And then I hung it from a picture hook in my kitchen for the girls to find ; )

JEN xo

3 comments:

  1. OMGosh Jen!!!! I just love this!! You are so very talented and wowsers who would have thought to use those doily chippies as an otp!!
    Luv Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY BAT CAVE!! .... that is truely INSPIRED!!! U R just.... 2 WOW! Ms Jen Hall!!!

    ReplyDelete