Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Vintage pages

Hi all, Bridgette here
This week is vintage week at Scrapware, a theme i love to scrap, My hubby's hobby is family history he  loves finding out all the nitty gritty happenings of the past,over the years he has found so many beautiful vintage family photo's, they are so special to us and are treasured forever, lately i have been scrapping recent photos that i had taken of my girls so it was a nice change to scrap an older photo
The person in this photo is my Husband's mum, she was a model in the early 1970's before she had her 5 children eekk !!  she really loved those days so i think i will frame this page for her and give it to her as a gift.



Ange has just released these gorgeous doilies they are so pretty and really fitted in well with this page
All i have done is painted them silver and then using my pine cone ink i have distressed them to give them an aged look .
I have used another new release the Large lamp post, oh its so gorgeous,  I sprayed it with Walnut gold glimmer mist then waited for the glimmermist to dry , I then dry brushed white paint roughly in places to give my post a shabby chic type of look and then modge podged it to give it a little shine


And lastly i have used 4 Baroque trims to place in each corner of my page, I painted them silver and then using the same technique as before i distressed them using my pinecone ink.

I have sewn tulle into my background paper to give my page a soft feminine look, to do this all you need to do is place your tulle over a background paper , gather while you sew along the edges and then once it has been sewn into place you can place a frame over the top to hide unsightly sewing and rough edges, i have sewn the border to hold it all into place firmly. 
 Products i have used for today's project are

CH440Lamp Post Triple Large
CH206Baroque Trim
CH460Doily Frame 2 Small (2pcs) Happy Tuesday everybody i hope you enjoy the rest of the girls vintage pages
Bridgette xx












3 comments:

  1. EEekkk alright! 5 kids!
    Love the effect of the glimmer mist and paint
    Beautiful framing of a gorgeous photo (and her figure!!! so jealous! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!! Beautiful pic and beautifully scrapped!
    Luv renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just lovely Bridge, the tuelle just looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete