Wednesday, April 13, 2011

For me, this time of year...

is all about cards! It was my son's birthday yesterday, it is my daughter's on Saturday and my niece's last week so I find myself making a lot of cards all at once... I love using chipboard on everything lol, but particularly on cards, it is such an easy way of adding dimension and texture.

This first card is the one I made for my niece...


It is hard to tell from the photo but this card is actually itty bitty... The gate is one of my favourite of the new release - gate 2 - small (ch 450) which I have inked and clear embossed. I've left the gate slightly ajar to allow some of the leaves and flowers to wind through.

And now for something completely different... these are the invites I made to give to the boys invited to Lucy's party... it would have been *so uncool* to give them the same ones I made for the girls...


I've used the insides of the medium doily frame (CH 463) behind the letters, I've swiped some red paint around the edges and then doodled. The letters are Impact Lg CH White (AZ 13) which I have dry brushed with yellow paint. I've punched out an O and cut out the negative to use as the frame around the 8.


Now I believe somewhere around here I have a 4 year old wanting a train track put together!!

Thanks for stopping by
Georgia
x



No comments:

Post a Comment