Friday, June 25, 2010

Alphas!!!!!

Evening everyone!

Well, it is bucketing down with rain here in Adelaide at the moment and a little chilly!

I have decided to show you a few things to do with Scrapware alphas!

Clearly these are my absolute favourite Scrapware product and it seems I cant do a project without using at least one of the different fonts available. They are sooooo versatile and you can customize them to suit your project with just a little know how!



Here are some snippets of some of my recent work featuring the Alpha Sheets.


"Making a Splash" has been painted with Kaiser yellow paint and then coated in Ranger IceStickles in Crystal Ice. This effect is so very sparkly and look really pretty.

These are my super fave alphas! For this I inked in Charcoal Chalk Ink then coated in Tim Holtz Crackle Paint in Rock Candy (which is the clear).


"me & you"has been inked in Turquoise Chalk Ink & Lipstick Red Chalk Ink then coated lightly in a matching Glimmermist, then once dry, through the trusty Cuttlebug then lightly smudged with Smooch Accent Ink in Pearl white.

As you can see, the Cuttlebug was used again here with the Swiss Dots folder. I inked first with Chalk Ink in Orchid Pink, embossed with the Cuttlebug and then used Dimensional Magic to gice that glossy effect!


The page I did of my hubby last month is one of my favourites at the moment. To get the "grungy" feel to match the rest of the page, I Glimmermisted in two colours then stapled them to the page instead of using adhesive. This matched the page perfect!


This is one of the more fiddly techniques! Covering with patterned paper is time consuming but really effective! I find it easier to tape the paper first, stick the letters on upside down then using my knife, I cut around them. Once all cut out, I use an emery board to file the edges to take away that"freshly cut" look!

I did the same thing here but using an adhesive metal tape and the Cuttlebug! The metal tape was rather fiddly but the finished look is awesome!

And lastly, using Glimmermist, I have given this title a graduated look. Using a lighter colour first, paint the letters then using a co-ordinating colour, blend using a brush from the bottom up to create this gorgeous look! Finish with Dimensional Magic for a glossy finish.



So thats it from me for the moment.

Dont forget to apply for the DT position - you still have a few days left!

Natalie

2 comments: