Saturday, July 17, 2010

Grunge Chic

I'm not one to leave things flat and just add a lick of paint to it, for me things need to have a life to share, they need to be interesting...they need to scream potential, and the Scrapware Chandelier does just that. I took two large (CH278) Chandeliers and cut one in half...after I painted them I used PVA to stick them together...a good idea is to have a wire cake cooler to help stand the upright piece until the glue dries. I have used Viva Ferror paints on the chipboard and lots of bling in the form of Kindy Glitz and Kaisercraft gems.
I usually use the reverse side of the canvas but I thought what the heck, let's try something different and use the front! The front was painted black and I used a foam stamp and irridescent medium around the sides. My handy dandy Sharpie white paint pen was used to make dots and lines on the chipboard.
and what do we do with the other half of the chandelier?...

3 comments:

  1. I looooooooooooove what you did with the other half! Yummy yummy grunge Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so much gorgeous eye candy to drool over.......

    ReplyDelete