Saturday, July 10, 2010

Adding a bit of texture...



Hi everyone, it is my turn this week to show you a new way to use your scrapware so I thought I'd try adding a bit of extra texture to my page using some DMC thread and string...

Here is my page, all about my youngest darling Archie learning to swing himself - a happy day indeed lol...

I've used one of my favourite scrapware products, the small stylized trees (NC 03 http://www.scrapware.com.au/ProductDetailPopup.aspx?iProductId=1513)...
I have popped out the trunk and inked it with pinecone ink and then punch a series of holes around the foliage..

Using DMC thread I have covered the foliage in a random criss cross pattern and then used helmar glue to stick the trunk back onto the tree...

For the next tree, instead of punching holes I have simply wrapped the tread around the foliage, covering the back with helmar glue to keep the thread in place...

and then again used a little more glue to reattach the inked trunk...


To add just a little more texture I have punched four holes in the backing of one of the mini antique frames (CH 324 http://www.scrapware.com.au/ProductDetailPopup.aspx?iProductId=1525) and then threaded some string through... I've attached the top ends of the string to my page with staples and let the bottom ends just swing...


All these ideas are super quick and easy, I hope you have fun trying them out!

Georgia xx

1 comment: