Friday, November 12, 2010

Finally Friday!

Yes breathe a sigh of relief because today is Friday! For many of you this day signifies the end of the working week and the beginning of the weekend and family time! But for those of you who are like myself, a domestic goddess, then most days are the same!!
I have been madly creating this week and have completed the "grandparents day" layout. I have had these pictures since the start of the year but I always find it really hard to scrap "school" themed photos!!
I have used:


I have painted the gorgeous little clipboard, (so very perfect for school themed layouts!) then glimmer misted over the top.

With the lettering I have used a mixture of the craft and the white corrugated letters. I went to town on them with a couple of different glimmer mist and then a smudge of the left over white paint. The lettering for the word "day" I painted and then embossed with the cuttlebug and finally I finished them of with a light coat of red StayzOn ink.


As many of you may know my BFF and fellow Scrapware DT gal Gilly Lester, has had a furry little family member pass away this week. So I have created the next project for her family, a sympathy card.
I have used:
KD02 KDD - Clouds
CH330 Scallop Circle Multi (the wings)
I have painted both with white acrylic paint, the wings with a smooth finish and the clouds with a rough finish. I then sewed the "feathers" onto the wings and added Kindy Glitz to give it a sparkle. The clouds I simply inked with some Tim Holtz ink.

Thanks for letting me share my creations using Scrapware chippies! I hope that every one has an awesome weekend and is inspired to create some art with their Scrapware too!!
Renee Iveson
xoxox

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nay, Great post and I really like what you did with the Grandparents day photos, as they are really hard to Scrap, but it's turned out Very Cool.
    Thanks so much for the card, it meaning alot Gilly oxo

    ReplyDelete