Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Technique Wednesday... using chipboard on cards...

Welcome to technique Wednesday everyone! I know a lot of us are madly trying to get ready for Christmas at the moment so I thought I'd give you some quick and easy ideas for using chipboard to jazz up your cards..


Multiple piece chipboard shapes like this rudolph (CS 64) are fabulous for cards because the smaller scale means they can be the focus of the whole card. I have painted each of the separate pieces a different colour and outlined the main piece to make it really pop off the page..

Another easy idea is to sandwich your chipboard between other embellishments. I find the more different textures / materials you use the better the effect... Here I've used a Christmas star CS 37 which I have left raw with just a rough outline in black pen. I've layered paper, ribbon, string, then my chipboard and finally an enamel button...

One final tip is to use a really bold colour scheme on your chipboard to make it stand out... I've used another Christmas star (CS 37) along with smaller stars from the rudolph flourish sheet (CS 64), painted black and then highlighted with a white gel pen...


I hope I have inspired you to get out your chipboard and get a start on your cards (if you haven't already!)... I'm now 4 down, with only 20 or so more to go!






3 comments:

  1. these are lovely Georgia the black really makes them pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright colours Georgia and how cute is Rudolf!

    ReplyDelete