Saturday, January 22, 2011

babies don't keep...

Hi everyone, it's my turn to show you another baby project using some delicious Scrapware...


One of my oldest friends (and a fellow scrapper) had a little girl recently and i wanted to make something for her... I remember one of my mum's friends teaching me this poem when I had Lucy and it was some of the best advice i have ever received...

The cleaning and mending can wait til tomorrow,
for babies grow up I have learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs,
dust go to sleep,
I'm rocking my baby
and babies don't keep...

I have used pieces from the haberdashery shape sheet. I have covered in patterned paper and wound wool around the cotton reels and attached some fabric to the dress form. The lettering is impact lower case and steelfish lower case.


I hope all these baby projects are inspiring you to dig out your Scrapware stash and get creating!

Georgia
x




3 comments:

  1. fantastic take on the 'babies' theme! looks fab!
    luv Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love the Haberdashery sheets they look fantastic - another to put in my shopping cart!
    And how true is that poem!

    ReplyDelete