Friday, January 14, 2011

Welcome to 2011!!

With the coming of a new year, we all usually look to make changes in our lives and to make resolutions. I have known for a long time that resolutions don't really work for me. I need something more to strive for and that's why this year, I have decided to choose one little word to describe how I want my 2011 to pan out.  For me, its "discover".  Discover can mean a lot of things to a lot of people, and I have chosen to define it more as a feeling and of a way of living my life. You can read more about it on my blog here.

I also wanted to create a visual reminder for myself, and Scrapware's mini ATC tray was perfect for it.

Scrapware products used:
Mini ATC tray
CH393 Hat Stand
CH82 Keys
AZ02 Steelfish lowercase

Each box has been filed with a 3.5x2.5" pieces of patterned paper. I have used papers that remind me of wallpaper and all things homely.  Each piece has been inked in pinecone around the edge and a doodled border added for a little more definition.

The chipboard keys have been spritzed in a few different colours of mist to give them an aged and antiqued look.  I have dabbed the wet mist with paper towel to blend them together.  The hat stand has been spritzed in glimmermist and coated in paper tole glaze.  The lettering has been inked with pinecone, then coated in paper tole glaze as well.

Loads of buttons, twine, flowers, quotes and journaling spots finish off my tray.  I love the end result and plan on having this sit on my desk for the rest of the year to remind myself that I can discover whatever it is my heart desires this year.

Have you set yourself any resolutions or chosen one little word for this year?

Cheers, Lisa.

4 comments:

  1. this is just delightful Lisa lovin the mix of pattern papers and that hat stand is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful Lisa!! I would be inspired to better myself in 2011 by having such a gorgeous reminder!
    Luv Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS Lisa!!! I must go and release those ATC trays asap :D xxx

    ReplyDelete