Thursday, February 3, 2011

STEAMPUNKED IMAGINATION...

Hey there! My names Marcy Smith and I am a newbie on the Scrapware Design Team. I am most honoured to be given this opportunity to create along side the other amazing talents here on the Scrapware Design Team. Hopefully you'll all enjoy and  take some inspiration from my "scrappy mixed media bits and pieces" and I look forward chatting and getting to know you all more through the Scrapware Ning online community. If you havent seen the site its a great place to make online friends share ideas be inspired by a gallery of gorgeous work created with the fabulous SCRAPWARE products!!!
CLICK HERE to check it out!


As this was my first lil' project, I thought I'd try show you what floats my boat. Getting creative with imagination! LOL I like to create anything it comes up with. Fortunately or unfortunately some times it runs away with me! LOL I really love the recent Graphic 45 steampunked paterned papers and they work so devinely with SCRAPWARE cogs this just popped into my head. I have used a 12 x 12 canvas, turned it over and used the back, covered with Paterned paper and painted cardboard
then I have added flowers and embellishments.


I created an enameled surface on the SCRAPWARE chipboard  using a sticky clear ink pad,  fine gold metalic powder that melts onto the chipboard when heated with a heat gun. A heat gun can be purchased from any scrapbooking, craft or hardware shop. It's a little like a hairdrier except the heat is hotter and more concentrated. This process is known as heat embossing. The fine powder comes in all the colours of the rainbow and it is one of the easiest and most effective ways to cover chipboard pieces. If you have any questions leave me a message on the SCRAPWARE ning site or go to my blog and
I'll do my best to answer any query you may have :)


ABOVE: I have used two large SCRAPWARE
cogs at the back and three smaller ones beside the SCRAPWARE alphabet title.





I used the diamond flourished on both sides and at the bottom of the canvas. For the two flourishes on the sides I cut the centre out of the middle diamond and replaced it with a watch cog, for a bit of added interest.







For the centre piece I used an inchie frame with the plain backing chipboard rotated
to create a diamond shape.
I finished by gluing a few SCRAPWARE cogs into
"scattered" positions around the flowers.

With Valentines Day just around the corner I guess, now, my next project will be to a make
a special someone an extra special SCRAPWARE card!

:)

2 comments: