Thursday, February 3, 2011

Can you feel the love?

Did you know that the traditions of St. Valentine’s Day are centuries old? In the Middle Ages the tradition of choosing a romantic partner on that particular saint's day began because it was believed that birds began mating on that day.  Seems quite fitting then that I would select one of Scrapware's Ollie Owls to grace the front of a Valentines card for my hubby. lol. Handmade cards are so simple to make, and express perfectly what you want to say. You don't need Hallmark to do the job for you.
To create a card that fits in a standard sized envelope, you will need a piece of cardstock measuring 6x8", folded in half. For this project, I have recycled a sheet of cardboard packaging for the base. Onto the fun stuff...I have coloured the chipboard owl with markers and added extra detail to the wings using a fine tip pen. Ollie's heart body has been raised up on foam tape to add a little dimension.  The clouds were also coloured in marker, then spritzed lightly with white mist. I placed the small cloud over the top of the larger one to mask off an area, and create another cloud. A little pen work adds more definition.

Scrapware products used:
CH375 Ollie Owl
KD02 KDD - Clouds
AZ10 Mini Antique lowercase alphas

----------------------------------------------------------------

Since this week is all about love on the Scrapware blog, I wanted to create a layout about my little girl and those big blue eyes she has! I absolutely love Scrapware's Natalie frame, and it fits around my 6x4 photo perfectly. The frame has been coloured in two complementary colours and definition has been added with some freehand doodling.  The lettering and love heart have been given the same treatment.
Scrapware products used:
CH383 Natalie Frame medium
AZ08 Antique Lowercase alphas
CH202 I {heart} you shapesheet (heart only)
Enjoy creating those Valentines and love inspired projects!

Cheers, Lis.

1 comment:

  1. tee heh lovin the card Lisa and I must say that layout is just GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete