Saturday, March 5, 2011

Flowers for Little Girls

Continuing with our floral theme this week I have created a couple of layouts using the stunning range of Scrapware floral chippy pieces as well as some brand new products!

To start with is this layout which features a brand new product from Scrapware - the 12" Doily Frame (Doily Frame 3 Large). This will be available in stores VERY SOON so keep your eye out! As I wanted a fairly neutral effect so as to highlight the red paper I kept the chipboard colouring to whites and creams. I have first given all of the chipboard pieces a coat of gesso and once dried I have lightly painted them with a light tan paint. To give the leaves a different effect I hae then sponged Walnut Stain distress ink over the top, bending each leaf with my fingers to give them life.

To colour the flowers I stamped over the painted surface with a decorative stamp and Versafine ink in a sepia colour. I love the effect this creates. For the smaller flowers I have dry brushed some gesso over the top of the stamping. To create the large flower I have used the Marilyn Flourish Bloom and roughly cut some calico to the same shape. The piece of calico is then layered over the flourish flower, with the smaller stamped Marilyn flowers layered over the top of that. Add some small beads to the centre and voila, a beautiful floral centrepiece for your layout!


The following Scrapware items were used to create this layout:

LB32 Mini Marilyn Blooms
CH427 Marilyn Flourish Bloom
CH465 Foliage Large (NEW!)
CH461 Doily Frame 3 Large

A friend gave me an absolutely stunning photo of her daughter Zoe recently so I had to scrap it with this week's floral theme in mind .... perfect for this photo!



The chipboard flowers in this layout have been painted using a Claudine Hellmuth tan paint followed by a coat of Glimmer Glaze. I love this stuff, and I love the satin finish it gives the chipboard. I have then used Making Memories floral brads and Kaiser paper flowers as centres for the chipboard flowers.

The following products have been used on this layout:

CH428 Alyssa Flourishes
LB32 Mini Marilyn Blooms
LB27 Marilyn Blooms
CH324 Antique Mini Frames

Happy creatng!
Natalie W x


1 comment:

  1. ur LO's r divine Nat!! luv,luv LUV the angelic child LO, the shabbiness of it is awesome!
    luv Renee

    ReplyDelete