Monday, March 21, 2011

so thankful...

This week's theme is "home" which prompted me to do a layout I have been meaning to do for a month now... In early February in Perth there was a devastating bushfire which destroyed 72 houses and threatened many more. The fire stayed around 2 km from my home but came within meters of my parent's house. This picture is of the house on the block my parent's originally intended to build on.. it is only 1 km from their current house and was completely gutted... we are so grateful my parent's house was spared... as the title says, there, but for the grace of God, go I...


I have used a few of my all time favourite scrapware products... beach grass, mini beach grass and butterflies... I have just left them raw with just a quick ink around the edges with distress ink.


I hope you're inspired to scrap about your own homes, though fingers crossed your layouts will be a touch less dramatic!

Georgia
x


1 comment:

  1. I am lovin the strips here Georgia, lovely heart felt layout!

    ReplyDelete