Wednesday, April 27, 2011

shadow box gift..

Hi there, it's my turn to share a Mother's Day gift this time (luckily my Mum doesn't have internet!) I've used this KT61 mini shadow box and it's the perfect size to make a little piece of art without a huge amount of work involved.

To start with, I coated the whole shadow box with gesso and lined the back piece (inside) with some old book paper. I then 'white washed' the paper with some watered down gesso and a bit of white crackle paint here and there. I painted the insides of the frame with walnut ink and the outside of the box with Tim Holtz Distress Ink 'brushed corduroy'. Once dry I gave it a coat with Modge Podge 'matte-mat' waterbased sealer.

Next I put some hand-dyed muslin and lace around the photo and stuck it inside the frame with the sentiment. I've used a photobooth photo and word strips from Darkroom Door

I've used CH268 small vine to decorate the outside of the frame (cut into 2 sections) inking it in turquoise, applying some crackle paint, then tracing around the leaves with a white gel pen. A couple of different sized CH68 blossom flowers were painted white and used a script stamp in turquoise adding a brad/pearl and lace flower.

I hope you feel inspired to create a unique handmade gift for you Mum, using some gorgeous scrapware chipboard. You can personalise it even more with a family photo. Thanks for visiting..watch this space for another gift idea soon!
Gina x

1 comment:

  1. Gina the blue in thsi one is really popping, it s just beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete