Thursday, June 2, 2011

Imogen's Canvas

Yep, Scrapware is that versatile!! You can scrap it onto a layout, you can use it on cards, you can use it on off the page items and you can create awesome CANVAS scenes!!
I have been inspired by the absolutely gorgeous new toadstool house a too create a mini canvas for my friends daughter Imogen for her birthday!

Being 2yrs old, Imogen is an extremely girly little girl and so I wanted to create a magical and whimsical scene, to tickle her fancy.


The Scrapware supplies I have used:
CH442 Toadstool House
JB35 Cloud Journal Bits
CH465 Foliage Small
CH324 Antique Mini Frames
AZ07 Antique Uppercase
MI06 Mini Butterflies
MI05 Mini Dragonflies
CH195 Grass MINI
CH313 Butterflies

I think that I have covered quite a few different chipboard dressing techniques.
With the Antique Mini Frame I popped out the middle and covered with a leftover piece of patterned paper then, glitterized the outside with German glitter glass.
I used white acrylic paint then inked over with distressing ink to give a nice pastel look :) then I used kindy glitz to add that little bit of bling!
With the foliage I simple inked and then drew lines of dimensional magic over the top to create "veins" down the middle.

Now how can anyone refuse this simply gorgeous toadstool house?? I knew I couldn't!
I "rounded" the whole house so that it would sit 3d from the canvas and then I have painted and inked and used dimensional magic again over the spots on the roof.
I finally attached all the chippies to the canvas using a hot glue gun, and finished the canvas with some light pink tulle, and paper flowers.
Be inspired by some of the fantastic new Scrapware designs and create a mini "themed" canvas for a little some one in your life!!

Thanks for letting me share!
Luv Renee

1 comment: