Friday, June 3, 2011

Butterfly Gardens ....


I love working with canvas so I am thrilled to be able to share some eye candy with you this week.

My first piece is done on a 5" x7" flat panel canvas with I adhered calico and book paper too. The centrepiece of the canvas is the new Victoria Mannequins which in my opinion are the nicest mannequin shapes EVER! The mannequin is painted with a cream paint and covered with a gauze and a bit of gesso, followed by a corset cut out of burlap. I have couple the mannequin with the new Ariel Wings ... which I have simply painted cream and sanded for a distressed and aged look.


I then added fabric, beading, book paper and the top and bottom of a medium Olivia Frame to the top and bottom of the canvas to finish it off. The whole canvas is then adhered onto an old frame I had, with a layer of burlap added first.



My next project is a little bit of a twist on another project I did a while ago using the Toadstool House. This time I have used a 10" x 12" deep canvas in reverse - working on the inside of the back of the canvas resulting in a shadow box effect.

To colour the Toadstool House for this project I used my Caran D'Ache Watersoluble Crayons after first painting the chipboard with gesso. The new Bracket Placards are coloured in the same way.

The Foliage (large) and the Iron Fences and Iron Gates are simply painted with Jo Sonja Acrylic Paints. I adhered the very bottom of the gate to the frame of the canvas using Helmar 450 adhesive, which was strong enough to hold it all in place.



I've then added a large 3D Butterfly, some painted twigs and paper butterflies and a few beads and lace, and voila ....


Happy creating everyone!

Natalie Wolfe
x

No comments:

Post a Comment