Tuesday, March 30, 2010

DT Reveal - Monsters, Critters & Robots

Morning!! My apologies for being late with this, I had a gorgeous scrappy weekend with Georgia, and fully intended to get this up yesterday when a few unexpected things came up...nothing bad, just didn't get home until the light had gone down last night.

So anyway, on with the show! This week we're having a looksy at the cuter than cute Scrapware range of Monsters, Critters & Robots...NP02 (by the talented Nicole Pomeroy!)

CH304

CH122
CH151

I decided to girly my monster up, using an adorable picky of my niece sitting in a rock pool.



I used paint spray to cover her up, then white pen and texta to color in her teeth, eyes and bow. I then embossed it with ultra-thick clear embossing powder. I've discovered that embossing is a little trickier on spray's, doesn't seem to stick as well, so if you want even coverage you'll need to go over it a couple of times, but I actually liked the spotty, textured look just one coat created, so left it as is ;)

Next up, a fabulous idea from Ange for bag tags..

"I created Bag Tags for Josh & Noah's School Bags & it was so much fun!

I used large Luggage Tags (TS01), Large Cogs (CH293) and 2 of the Funky Small Robots (CH304). I used Lumiere paints on the robots and cogs and dimensional magic'd the whole thing after it was finished so it's really tough. Now they know exactly which bag is theirs!"



Onto a funky layout by Georgia...

"I have used crazy critters np02. i have painted the critters and then used a versamark pen to clear emboss just the teeth, eyes and hair"


And finally, Naomi's eye catching creation...

"The monster is painted cartoon style I intially drew around the monster with a sharpie OMG I love those things and then painted the white boarder and the added the green.

I embossed the outside of the large Kapow (ch250) I will keep the middle for another layout. then added a mixture of mini stars and button stars.."



Phew - fabulous arn't they!!?? What inspiration, gosh you girls are a clever bunch, I'm so inspired to play with more of these now :D

Thanks for dropping by!

Kat
xx

2 comments:

  1. What a bright and colourful group of layouts Kat
    Its funny cause something when things don't always work out how they should they are sometimes better, I too liked the spotty and textured look on your monster

    ReplyDelete