Monday, April 5, 2010

DT Reveal - Journaling Bits with Natalie

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter with your families and that your long weekend was super relaxing. I have just had four days on the banks of the River Murray at a beautiful spot called Bow Hill with my family and some friends and had the most amazing time but now I'm back into it again and would love to show you our range of JOURNALING BITS!

Quite often we forget why we scrapbook - for me it's to record memories or an event. We get so tied up in the creative side of scrapbooking that just the simple things like putting a date on can be missed! In years to come when your albums get passed down from your children to their children, how will the know what the photo is all about?

The huge range of Journaling bits from Scrapware will make Journaling so easy! The range is impressive. From easy blank journal blocks ready for your details to more creative blocks that can feature as an embellishment on your page.


I have used the Kapow Journal Bits (JB33) on this layout along with the "Beautiful Perfect Princess" Word Trios (WT27). I punched out the middle journal block and sprayed it lightly with a combination of Gold and Latte Glimmermist and used Colorbox Chalk Ink to ink the outer bit. When I placed it on the page, I foam mounted the centre to raise it up and stuck the outer flat to the page before giving it a coat of Dimensional Magic


With this layout I went for a different angle! I wanted to use the journal bits as embellishments as well. The clouds are perfect for this (JB35). I lightly misted them in Marshmallow Glimmermist then used white Zing embossing powder to coat the egde of the clouds. This gave me a nice white look but still light and not too overpowering.

Louise has used Roundabouts (JB38) Painted finish: applied with a sponge to achieve a bubble textured finish. this looks amazing and really works so well with is layout!

I love that Georgia has used the Roundabouts (JB38) as a backing for her journaling here. Very effective on this stunning page

Boy layouts can be so hard but the Cogs (CH293) make it easy as they are also a very cool embellishment. Naomi's page is geat - the cogs set it off perfectly!


So when it comes to journaling, look for these Journaling bits to help you along the way!
They really make it quite easy.

Cheers
Natalie

1 comment:

  1. This post and the creativity Rokz Nat :)

    Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete