Monday, October 11, 2010

Things with Wings....

Happy Monday everyone! This week the focus is on all sorts of things with wings...


For my project I decided to to make a wall hanging for my daughter's room. I used the 10x10 memory box for the base, painted it with white gesso and then added globs of Tim Holtz crackle paint to get a distressed look. For my winged things I used butterflies - these are my daughter's favourites at the moment and I just love how there are three different sizes of the same design, perfect for making a trail of butterflies. For the butterflies, frame and mini beach grass I have inked the raw chipboard with pinecone ink and then clear embossed them.  There is a step-by-step for the Memory Boxes, click here to see it!


I added a trail of kaiser pearls to link the butterflies and emphasize the trail.


Kim has made this stunning layout about her eldest son Addison who has just turned 4 and is so ready for pre-school next year.

















To get the grungy effect for the wings Kim has inked them with brown chalk ink then randomly embossed them with red embossing powder and flicking off more powder before heating.



Trizzy has created a little wall hanging with a difference. 


















CH310 3D Butterfly
CH57 3" Mini Flourish
CH63 Fancy Brackets

On the solid part of the 3D butterfly she has used 3 layers of Turqoise Meltz (UTEE) and stamped into it while it was still hot, then highlighted it with silver gilding wax. On the top part of the butterfly, mini flourish and fancy bracket Trizzy used a combination of Jo Sonja's Aqua and burnt sienna acrylic paints that were sponged on and highlighted with gilding wax. Metallic thread was wrapped around the wings and gems adhered pieces for that something a little special.  The background is some of our CorreBoard that has been painted, squished and highlighted with some silver gilding wax, how stunning!

Thanks to another winged thing (a Jetstar A320 :-)) I am currently sitting by a pool in Bali, so I will be back on Friday to share the rest of the gorgeous design team projects!

Georgia
xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh yeah,
    I lurve all these designs!
    You bunch of creative ladies, well done and thanks for sharing*
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful beautiful winged things ladies!!! Loads of inspiration here!

    ReplyDelete