Friday, June 24, 2011

Simply Overlays!

Hello! Welcome to overlay Friday!!
Stuck for mojo??
Scrapware overlays are an EXCELLENT way to get your mojo flowing! They create an awesome base on which to start your creating, weather you want to scrap a layout or off the page Overlays are the perfect foundation :)


I decided to celebrate the first 12 months of my son, Walter's life by creating this layout that featured a photo of him from day 1 right through to 1 year old.
I have started off with the CH225 Twinchie Overlay B as the base for the layout, simply covering the fame and the inserts with patterned paper and giving a slight inking and a coat of gloss Mod Podge.
I then stuck down all my photos with foam tape and labeled each with some mini alphas. I then prepared the AZ07 Antique Uppercase and AZ08 Antique Lowercase Alphas by painting with crackle paint and inking. The CH133 Flourish Lisa Small I simple inked and then painted with the crackle paint.



Add some plain bakers twine, some butchers roast gauze and buttons and bits and voila!
Why not have some fun with some of the stunning to simple overlays that are in the Scrapware range??
Thanks for looking!
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment